Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy 30th, Husband!


Today, my husband turned thirty. Which is sort of an accomplishment considering McDonald's, shitty drivers, and other such perils of society. So: CONGRATULATIONS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm not very comfortable in the sappy shoes. (They're sticky.) But, I wanted to step into them anyway for a second to mention how wonderful my [old man] husband is. Without him, I really don't know where I would be. From day one, he's encouraged my writerly dreams (even though I waited forever to actually let him read anything). But more than that, he's gone out of his way to help me improve--supporting my writing group schedules, being the first (brutal and honest) critical reader, and just...believing I'm not wasting my time.

Stephen King said: "Writing is a lonely job. Having someone who believes in you makes a lot of difference. They don’t have to make speeches. Just believing is usually enough."

True that. One reason among so very many that marrying him was probably the best decision I've made to date. So, happy birthday to my best friend, my little N's Dada, and he who makes life as I know it both possible and completely wonderful.


Love you lots,
Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment